- 125 g green olives
- 125 g green olives, slit and marinated
- 20 g walnuts
- half bunch of chopped parsley
- 4 green onions
- juice of one lemon
- 2 T sour pomegranate syrup
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t thyme
Place olives in deep bowl; add all other ingredients and mix well.
Credits: Skylife Magazine November 2013
- 300 g lean ground meat (30% fat)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 50 g Antep olives, slit and soaked, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 C walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1 T pomegranate syrup
Brown the ground meat, and add the onions and oil. When the onions begin to brown, add the olives and continue browning. Add the walnuts, green onions, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, pepper, salt, and pomegranate syrup, and continue to cook over low heat, stirring gently. Use as a filling for pita bread, and bake in a stone oven.
Credits: Skylife Magazine November 2013.