- 2 C washed raw cranberries
- 2 skinned and cored tart apples
- 1 large, whole unpealed seedless orange, cut into sections
- 1 to 2 C sugar (depending on how sweet you would like your relish to be)
Run fruit through a food blender. Use the entire orange, peels, pith and all.
Mix in the sugar. Let sit at room temperature until sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes. Refrigerate until serving.
Credits: Carolyn Friedemann (via ?)
2013-12-25: Joel wanted to make it again for Christmas, so we did. This time, I chopped about 3/4 of the apples small, and only blended 1/4. We put in 1/4 C sugar instead of 1-2.
2013-11-30: Mom made this for Thanksgiving this year, and we liked it so much we decided to make it ourselves when we had Thanksgiving in Heidelberg.
- 2 large cans of pear halves, drained
- 2 C red wine
- 1/4 – 1/2 C sugar
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ginger
- 4 whole cloves
- peel from 1/2 lemon
Cook wine and sugar until slightly thickened. Add spices and lemon peel. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Let pears cool in syrup. Serve with syrup and a little cream.