- 4 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, in pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, in strips
- 1 red pepper, in strips
- 6 small tomatoes, in quarters
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper, chili to taste
- 500 g spaghetti
- fresh basil
- fresh pecorino
Heat the oil and cook the garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add the eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, and 2 T water. Cook for 10 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Season the vegetables and cook another 10 min. or until tender. Mix with spaghetti and serve with fresh basil and cheese.
Credits: Aller Hande
2014-05-20: Quick to put together, nice and spicy. We used halved cherry tomatoes.