- chestnut or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced or chopped finely
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 T white wine
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 50ml cream
- 1 T fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the mushrooms and garlic 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes and pour over the wine. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the cream and the Worcestershire sauce, and simmer until reduced to a sauce. Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toast.
21-01-2014: We usually make this as a sauce for tagliatelle or egg noodles, rather than over toast.